Thursday, September 6, 2012

Democrats: Still The Party Of Slavery

I got this Via Ace, who got it via Hot Air.


MKH highlights this quote:
“Regardless of where you live, you’re gonna be owned by someone at some point. I think the American government so far has been a fair government and I don’t necessarily hate that I’m owned by them at this point.”

But the overwhelming theme of the piece is that the Democrats love them some being "owned" by the Government.

To me, the two most telling quotes are these (my own transcription, errors are mine):
"It feels like one big happy family because... we're more safer, we feel the government should be able to help us, to be able to take care of us..."

Yes, just like the Feudal lords helped and took care of their peasants, right?

"Who knows?  I haven't never had another feeling, so I can't tell you how it feels not to belong to the government."

And that is the most telling.  It's the most telling because, in truth, I have to agree with him.  I have been owned by the government, in fact if not in name, since I was born.  By the time I was born, every penny I will ever earn was already promised to my parent's generation.  By the time I was 18, every penny my children will ever earn was promised to them.  Now the government is promising me my grandchildren's money.

The government rules on where I can live, and how my house must be constructed.  The government takes over a quarter of my pay (and upwards of half for people who are more successful than your not-so-humble host)- that is, they take the abstraction of actual hours of my life that I can never give to my family, to my friends, or to my church.  That pay is, in many ways, the very symbol of my freedom.  The government determines how far I can drive, by fuel market disruptions and their corrupt CAFE standards.  The government even determines if I can drive at all.

I have no hope that we will be completely free of our Government if we elect Mitt Romney, but I know- I am certain deep in my soul- that to re-elect Barack Obama is to set us, perhaps irrevocably, on the road to serfdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment