Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What's Your Plan?

Last night, my wife and I had "The Talk."

No, not that one.  We had the talk about what she and the kids should do if bad people try to do bad things to them at our house.  Here's the short form of our plan:

The Emergency Plan

That, ladies and gentlemen, is my Springfield XD-9 in my Gun-Vault bed-side case.  The rounds currently in the magazines are just target rounds; at some point I'll shell out for a specific "In Case of Emergency" magazine and put better self defense rounds in it, but those should do in a pinch.

We are blessed to have my wife staying at home with our kids.  However, ever since someone tried (and failed, thank God) to kick down our door late last year, I've been a little more concerned with the safety of my neighborhood.  I certainly don't expect anything to happen, but I also didn't expect anyone to try to kick down my front door.

You should have a similar plan.  Maybe not a pistol, maybe no firearm at all, but you owe it to yourself to consider what happens when/if the bad guys decide to target you.  As the Boy Scouts say, "be prepared," and remember: "When seconds count, the police are just minutes away."

It is my devout hope that I never have to use this weapon for anything other than shooting paper targets or the occasional tin can.  Nevertheless, it helps settle my nerves when my wife is home with my kids, since I'm usually more than an hour away.

What's your plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment