Thursday, October 4, 2012

Barack Obama: Stuttering Fustercluck of a Miserable Failure

I'll have a couple of longer posts about last night's debate later.  I didn't get to watch it live, but I have read the transcript and it was a class 'A' shellacking. 

Mitt Romney seemed well prepared and at ease.  Of course, this is easier to do when the facts are on your side, as they were for Mitt Romney.  Barack Obama was... well, a stuttering clusterf*ck of a miserable failure.  He couldn't give even the most basic defense of any of his policies.  At one point he asked the moderator to save him by changing the topic.

And the whole time Mitt Romney stuck deep, barbed rhetorical spears into his opponent. 

A couple of choice quotes:
"I know that you and your running mate keep saying that and I know it's a popular thing to say with a lot of people, but it's just not the case. Look, I've got five boys. I'm used to people saying something that's not always true, but just keep on repeating it and ultimately hoping I'll believe it."

"Mr. President, you're entitled as the president to your own airplane and to your own house, but not to your own facts."

If the next two presidential debates are anything like this one, I expect Mr. Obama is in for some long, sleepless nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment